Thursday, December 10, 2015

2nd Quarter Reflection


              Compared to last quarter both the quantity and rigor of the books I read have increased. While I tried to expand what I read last quarter (short stories, poems, and other pieces similar), I focused more on reading some more challenging books this semester. Like trading quality for quantity- or enjoyment for money. Those things that you really don't want to do but end up doing because you need to show improvement and progress. I've read 12 books starting with the word "the" this semester including The Racketeer, The Confession, The Associate, The Appeal, and The Last Juror among others. The best book I read this quarter was 1984 by George Orwell. The combination of relatable characters and a dystopian society makes an absolutely amazing read that I'd recommend to anyone. Regarding my book choices, I've found I'm interested to books with a main character that doesn't have any special powers or stands out from anyone else. As someone who is absolutely brilliant in every way whatsoever* it's good to  read book about a character that cannot cause a massive change in the world with some superhuman strength or genius like IQ. 
               For this semester I'd like to read at least four graphic novels. They're a type of book that I absolutely love to read but find hard to find. Many graphic novels are drawn in an absolutely beautiful art style and I can learn from both the writing and art style.  
               

No comments:

Post a Comment